Table of Contents
- Catholic Social Teaching
- Guidelines for Advocacy and Political Action
- Individual citizens are free to fully engage in partisan politics. The Church
- Unlike Individuals, Churches and other institutions, which qualify for tax-exempt status under the Internal Revenue Code, may in no way engage in partisan politics such as supporting or opposing individual candidates for office.
- Parishes and other Church organizations should, in some cases, engage in issue-oriented activities and political action.
- No (arch) diocesan or parish entity or organization may en